Sunday, July 6, 2008

Carrots are crunchy...

Not too much happening in the garden:-

I have sampled some of our carrots, although a little small they taste great!




The trick here is to make sure you thin the carrots shortly after they sprout. Too close and you get the two baby carrots in the middle.


After 3 weeks under a light covering of mulch, two of the six potatoes have sprouted. I have covered them with more soil (I did say there wasn't too much happening...)


I have also just finished reading Michael Pollan's The Omnivore's Dilemma. I highly recommend!

It's a book in three parts;
1) the industry of corn
2) a permaculture farm
3) hunting and gathering

It's an easy and engrossing read. A book that changes the way you think. A book you immediately want all your friends to read because there's no way I can sum it up here...








No comments: